dear future husband,
being weird can be incredibly charming.
bold statement: Mr Knightley is the best Jane Austen’s bachelors.
– he’s kind to everyone around him – even those he doesn’t have to be
– he sees Emma’s potential and encourages (sometimes even pushes her) towards it
– he’s funny
– he’s humble
– he does things for people that he doesn’t always enjoy (ie dance)
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/u3NS4gzwQAo?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
(clip from the best version of emma)
dear future husband:
<iframe width=”480″ height=”360″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/E63KrzdflwY” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
Your eyes they tie me down so hard/ I’ll never learn to put up a guard/ So keep my love, my candle bright/ Learn me hard, oh learn me right
This ain’t no sham/ I am what I am/ I leave no time/ For a cynic’s mind
We will run and scream/ You will dance with me/ Fulfill our dreams and we’ll be free
We will be who we are/ And they’ll heal our scars/ Sadness will be far away
Do not let my fickle flesh go to waste/ As it keeps my heart and soul in its place/ And I will love with urgency but not with haste
there is a difference between loving with urgency and loving with haste. urgency suggests importance and forethought. haste suggests recklessness. come find me with urgency but not with haste.
the past two years have been such confusing years. i’ve had some of the highest points of my life, and also some of the toughest struggles.
– making wonderful covenants with the Lord in the temple
– figuring out my career (hopefully for the last time)
– making wonderful friends
– being single for over two years and having very few options (i can count the amount of dates i’ve been on in the past two years with one hand)
– plus, as of now all of my exes are in serious committed relationships (engaged/married)
– having some of the biggest spiritual struggles of my life and doubting answers that i received and was once so sure of
– increased anxiety and stress regarding my future
– some intense loneliness and nostalgia for school and my friends from there
part of the reason i haven’t blogged much in the past two years is because i felt like i don’t know anything. i feel like if my past relationships haven’t worked, then something must be wrong with me. it’s crazy and untrue. i mistook “realism” for “cynicism” especially when it comes to how i view myself. but i’m done with that. i also thought that i shouldn’t accept that i care a lot about finding love; romance shouldn’t be in the top of my priorities, but it is. i’m a romantic.
so, i’m back to blogging. i’m back to being a “realistically-hopeful-romantic”.
be on the look-out for more “dear future husband” letters.
cherry blossoms with my dear friend camillle. we photo bombed an adorable old couple enjoying a picnic // trip to LA with two of my besties from college (ahlin & sarah). the beach was lovely but slightly cold. disneyland truly is the happiest place on Earth. we killed the splash mountain photo. the LA temple has the most gorgeous grounds // i got caught on camera hard at work