so, it’s general conference time, again. i love it. this general conference was really good. a lot about family, marriage, and serving. it was the church welfare’s 75th anniversary, and it was neat to hear so many people address what the church does for the world. my boy had tickets for the conference center for saturday afternoon and sunday morning sessions. so, we went to those. then, he dropped me off at katherine and joe’s to watch sunday evening. katherine made some delicious corn and leek filled peppers, with couscous and homemade cornbread [she’s such a chef.]
you can read the entire conference here, and these are some of my personal favorites: elder cook, president eyring, president monson [saturday afternoon especially], elder scott [always], elder holland [always- and especially if you are a non-member trying to understand what general conference is exactly]
sunday evening we went to my grandparents house for a little family home evening [boy drove up to meet us for that.] it was great talking about the importance of family while being surrounded by family.
this week’s recap:
– i found what my internship is exactly. i am a co-curator of a warhol and murakami exhibit coming out sometime in august. i helped choose the pieces for that on friday. [so cool!]
– weather was awesome all week, until sunday [when it snowed]
– i am awesome at “just dance” [the wii dancing game]; i am only so-so at the kinnekt dancing game
– i made a quiche [so good] and chocolate and m&m cookies [see pictures below]
– three more weeks of school [but only two more weeks of classes]
i had my first real interview today. i had a job in high school, but for that interview, it went something like this:
Jim: Are you a good worker?
Jim: Jen, can you vouch for her?
Jim: Good, you get the job.
well, my interview today was a little more intense. there were five interviewers and just little ol’ me. they asked me questions like: what do you hope to get out of this experience? and what will you bring to the internship? [my least favorite question after “what do you do for fun?”)
i’ll hear back by mid-week next week.
cross your fingers!
– frick [making friends with security guard in the goya room]
– moma [starry night, pollock, and rothko]
– talk by james swenson
– cocktail party in MET in the egyptian room
– dinner [after took much coke and we were way to hyper]
sorry that last one is such bad quality. trust me. we looked good
– christie’s auction house [education tour and auction]
– lunch at five guys [yum!]
– shopping [dream shopping including tiffany’s]
– international photography exhibit with special curator
– dinner with said curator [in a bar, being creeped on my forgien creepers]
– red eye flight [aka no sleep]
– arrive in new york at 6 am [aka exhausted]
– cloisters to see the merod altar piece and the unicorn tapestries
– lunch at rockefeller center
– nap [for nearly two hours]
– walking all around madison avenue and fifth [aka lusting]
– starkbucks for internet
– talking to boy
– bed by 10
all in all. good day.
dear future husband:
let’s hold hands and contemplate art together.
yes, she may dress like a freak, and sometimes dance like one, but when you listen to these songs, you have to admit, there is talent behind the madness.
lady gaga, i am a fan.