now that i’m single and trying to move on from S, i’ve had some deep, get-to-know-myself moments. here’s what i learned:
– i can be happy without S, and i am.
– i have no idea how to flirt. seriously. i don’t know how to just go up to a guy and flirt with him. i can only flirt if it flows naturally. i have no control.
– i am an awesome person. and the next guy i date is going to actually deserve me.
– i’m going to go after quality rather than quantity. cause no matter how much i hate being single, i think i hate break ups even more.
– i need to be more open with friends. i’ve had friends ask me if i want to get set up with guys, and instead of being like, “yeah, he seems cool,” i always say: “idk, do whatever.” stupid answer. yes, i want to get set up with him!
– i don’t need to be mad or angry or hate S. he didn’t want to date me, so he’s dating someone else. i don’t want to date him, so it’s all good.
boy and i broke up. i’m kinda crushed. but this song is helping.
so, i was having a really rotten, no good past few days. school is so close to being over, i think it’s mostly just end of the semester stress… and the cold [it was basically snowing on friday!]
but i have been so blessed this week. here’s how:
. like i said, semester almost over
. an awesome, selfless boyfriend who let’s me rant, complain, etc. and knows the tease : sympathize ratio perfectly. he also just holds me and lets me be. remember that scene in waitress (around 1:20)? yeah, that’s how it was for me, these past couple of days.
. family who lets me rant and complain [especially my mother, who just had a birthday!]
. essie nail polish. this is by far the brightest color i’ve had since i was like 14… but i like it. it makes me happy (thanks to boy for helping me pick it out)- also their top coat “no chip” works really well. just sayin.
. running/ pilates: these endorphins were definitely needed
. my awesome classmates who listened to me rant
. pandora: well picked songs, as always [new amsterdams, nicole reynolds, angus & julia stone, etc.]
. Mosiah 15
. rain boots
. sweet potato fries and burgers; pizza and lemonade
. divine comedy
so, it’s general conference time, again. i love it. this general conference was really good. a lot about family, marriage, and serving. it was the church welfare’s 75th anniversary, and it was neat to hear so many people address what the church does for the world. my boy had tickets for the conference center for saturday afternoon and sunday morning sessions. so, we went to those. then, he dropped me off at katherine and joe’s to watch sunday evening. katherine made some delicious corn and leek filled peppers, with couscous and homemade cornbread [she’s such a chef.]
you can read the entire conference here, and these are some of my personal favorites: elder cook, president eyring, president monson [saturday afternoon especially], elder scott [always], elder holland [always- and especially if you are a non-member trying to understand what general conference is exactly]
sunday evening we went to my grandparents house for a little family home evening [boy drove up to meet us for that.] it was great talking about the importance of family while being surrounded by family.
this week’s recap:
– i found what my internship is exactly. i am a co-curator of a warhol and murakami exhibit coming out sometime in august. i helped choose the pieces for that on friday. [so cool!]
– weather was awesome all week, until sunday [when it snowed]
– i am awesome at “just dance” [the wii dancing game]; i am only so-so at the kinnekt dancing game
– i made a quiche [so good] and chocolate and m&m cookies [see pictures below]
– three more weeks of school [but only two more weeks of classes]
i ended up going to festival of colors yesterday. there’s a huge krishna temple in spanish fork, and every year they have a color throwing to celebrate holi… a krishna holiday [i think]. i don’t much about the holiday, all i know is you dress in all white, get scented/colored chalk, and throw it on people. it was way fun. i went with boy, his siblings, and a couple of friends from my old ward. there were some hilarious times- mostly between us and children [yes, seven or under].
sorry i don’t have any pictures, yet. there all on boy’s camera. but there were some good ones. trust me.
last night i went emergency grocery shopping with boy for the things he needs today: cereal, frozen pizza and pringles. [wow. such a guy.] it made me remember how sad it is to not be able to cook. so, i decided today that i am going to have a sunday dinner, every sunday, where i make something for reals. so far, i have compiled recipes for mediterranean risotto, my aunt’s yummy pasta salad, sausage, chard and lemon lasagna, gruyere and parmesan souffle, backed rigatoni with tiny meatballs, quiche lorraine and chicken tortilla soup. sounds delicious right? i also want to bake desserts that i have never tried- pies, cakes, fudge, chocolate dipped cookies.
so here’s to a colorful weekend and a delicious future!
flowers, chocolate, and nail polish. what more can a girl ask for? thanks, boy.
so. i worry. i didn’t think it was such a big deal. everyone worries. but apparently all of this “thinking” i think is healthy is actually problematic. yesterday, while trying to figure some plans out with the boy, he said, “you’re kinda a worrywart, huh?” as much as i would like for that to not be true, i know it kinda is.
now i’m a worrywart.