“far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.” -gloria steinem
yeah, i took a quiz to see what love language i have. [not like i couldn’t already guess] but i was bored.
here’s my breakdown:
words of affirmation
acts of service
i also took a quiz about how i like to be apologized to, or something:
you can read more about these and even take the quiz here. it’s kinda fun.
now you know a little bit more about me. you’re welcome.
Ten Commandments for Wives
Elder LeGrand Richards, Quorum of the Twelve
Ricks College Devotional, 1972
1. Honor thine own womanhood that thy days may be long and happy in the house which thy husband provideth for thee.
2. Expect not thy husband to give thee as many luxuries as thy father hath given thee, after many years of labor and economy.
3. Forget not the virtue of good humor, for verily, all that a man hath will he give for a woman’s smile.
4. Thou shalt not nag.
5. Thou shalt coddle thy husband, for verily every man loveth to be fussed over.
6. Remember that the frank approval of thy husband meaneth more to thy happiness than the side-long glances of many strangers.
7. Forget not the graces of cleanliness and good dressing.
8. Permit no one to assure thee that thou art having a hard time of it, neither thy mother nor thy sister nor thy maiden aunt nor any of thy kinfolk, for the judge will not hold thee guiltless for letting another disparage thy husband.
9. Keep thy home with all diligence, for out of it will come the joys of thine old age.
10. Commit thy ways unto the Lord thy God and thy children shall rise up and call thee blessed.
boy and i broke up. i’m kinda crushed. but this song is helping.
i deactivated my facebook.
let’s go back an hour and a half.
i’m sitting in my art theory class discussing the art theory of marxism and social history. my teacher talks about how mass media is used to control the masses. which brings us to facebook.
i decided that i don’t want to live as if i’m on display. i don’t want to open my personal life up to the whole world.
which brings me to this blog.
for a while, i’ve been thinking that i don’t want this blog to be public anymore. so, come sunday. this blog will be private.
comment below to stay subscribed.
you can thank marx for this.