matt is the perfect man from friday night lights (ok tie between him + coach, but i’ll get to that later). julie doesn’t deserve him. just photoshop her head out for mine, please.
– he’s sweet – singing “mr sandman” to get his grandma to calm down
– he has artistic talent
– he is humble (most of the time)
– he knows how to communicate
– he knows how to grow and change as a person
– he allows himself to feel complex emotions – watch this video and try to not cry
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/n_kRT3EuQ3k?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
– he’s hilarious
– he’s humble
– he’s nerdy, but talented
– he’s a romantic
– he can dance
hope (noun.) a desire for something with an expectation that it will happen
hope (verb) to expect something with confidence
see also trust; reliance
dear future husband,
being weird can be incredibly charming.
bold statement: Mr Knightley is the best Jane Austen’s bachelors.
– he’s kind to everyone around him – even those he doesn’t have to be
– he sees Emma’s potential and encourages (sometimes even pushes her) towards it
– he’s funny
– he’s humble
– he does things for people that he doesn’t always enjoy (ie dance)
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/u3NS4gzwQAo?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
(clip from the best version of emma)
dear future husband:
<iframe width=”480″ height=”360″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/E63KrzdflwY” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
Your eyes they tie me down so hard/ I’ll never learn to put up a guard/ So keep my love, my candle bright/ Learn me hard, oh learn me right
This ain’t no sham/ I am what I am/ I leave no time/ For a cynic’s mind
We will run and scream/ You will dance with me/ Fulfill our dreams and we’ll be free
We will be who we are/ And they’ll heal our scars/ Sadness will be far away
Do not let my fickle flesh go to waste/ As it keeps my heart and soul in its place/ And I will love with urgency but not with haste
there is a difference between loving with urgency and loving with haste. urgency suggests importance and forethought. haste suggests recklessness. come find me with urgency but not with haste.
alright, honesty hour. and i mean complete honesty.
the past two years have been such confusing years. i’ve had some of the highest points of my life, and also some of the toughest struggles.
– making wonderful covenants with the Lord in the temple
– figuring out my career (hopefully for the last time)
– making wonderful friends
– being single for over two years and having very few options (i can count the amount of dates i’ve been on in the past two years with one hand)
– plus, as of now all of my exes are in serious committed relationships (engaged/married)
– having some of the biggest spiritual struggles of my life and doubting answers that i received and was once so sure of
– increased anxiety and stress regarding my future
– some intense loneliness and nostalgia for school and my friends from there
part of the reason i haven’t blogged much in the past two years is because i felt like i don’t know anything. i feel like if my past relationships haven’t worked, then something must be wrong with me. it’s crazy and untrue. i mistook “realism” for “cynicism” especially when it comes to how i view myself. but i’m done with that. i also thought that i shouldn’t accept that i care a lot about finding love; romance shouldn’t be in the top of my priorities, but it is. i’m a romantic.
so, i’m back to blogging. i’m back to being a “realistically-hopeful-romantic”.
be on the look-out for more “dear future husband” letters.